Egotism ....a lifelong romance

Monday, April 03, 2006

Seein' Spots...

In all fairness, I think the spots were more cos of my relentless rambling than the spots themselves, but I decided I couldn’t take the risk. Besides, it’s always good to change your look – so, now it’s new, classy and intellectual – ok, one out of three ain’t bad ;)

But don’t worry, I am not changing my spots anytime soon – still the incorrigible, opinionated, condescending libertoid the world so loves ;)

As for the blog, a little sprucing and pruning is in order -- will get around to it, mostly to add some color. For now, the black and white should be tolerated -- just like my opinions :)

Oh, while I’m at it, I happened to glance at my blog on the IE browser a couple days back, and I realized it’s horrendous --- the font’s all awry, the layout is skewed and the caricature’s twisted (probably closer to the real me, but why ruin my awesome image in the blogosphere?)

In any case, my apologies to all IE/Safari users. The Mac/Firefox transition to PC/IE ain’t the greatest, or maybe I just don’t know how to work around it – both equally likely, though I’d give the people at Mozilla the slight edge, cos I do think they’re slightly more tech-savvy than I am.

8 comments:

AN said...

Gimme a break pa. The spotted look was far far better K. This is neither new (looks regular old fogy to me), nor classy, and pray nowhere close to intellectual. :) Could you please reduce the font size of the blog title at the very least? Because you have just increased your risk of being 'spotted' from a mile away. :D

Karthika said...

ROTFL. good one on the spotting :))))

all criticism taken very well, but only cos you happen to be my bloggin guru :D

but i aint changing anything jus yet. the font size will definitely be reduced, bcos more than being spotted i run the risk of scaring away the few people that are still undaunted by my rambling lengths :) and a splash of color shall be added :)

hmmppph... it's new cos it is not the old, it is classy cos it's white and doesnt have pocks floating around and as for intellectual, my words take care of that :)

where did the "pa" come from? are you really converting to a south indian? gee, jus make sure you dont ever say "vellai pookal" when i'm around ;)

Anonymous said...

can a leopard really change its spots?:)
new look, same ol' intellectual, classy, egotistic K. sigh!! perhaps that explains the big bold unmissable title. and as dave barry says, the older i get, the more i need the bigger font, otherwise all i can see are the headlines;-)

Karthika said...

Dee, thanks for reminding me that I'm growin old X|

but on second thoughts, since you're the "reader", I'll assume you're talkin about yourself and in the process, also pretend that I dont happen to be my own weblog's most avid reader ;) Talk about ego(t)ism!!!

yep, a leapord does not change its spots and it shouldn't. I mean, we are a certain way only cos we like to be that certain way. If other people cant deal with it they should jus stay away. I dont see why people go on this stupid changing spree every once in a while...

I might change my views and opinions (albeit reluctantly) as times change and situations change but i wouldnt want to change "me" :)

Anonymous said...

I would like it be known for the record that this blog entry is a cop-out. Rest assured though, that I will still strive unceasingly to keep my end of the agreement - you know, coz that's just the sorta guy I am.

Karthika said...

hehehe, tricked ya, didnt i? but i'm sorry -- i dont recall you mentioning any conditions :D

to be fair, we could make it word for word, but I guess you dont wanna do that, considering my average length ranges b/w thousand to a couple thousand ;)

i do appreciate your integrity though :)

Anonymous said...

yep, it is me i am referring to as growing old. what doubt was there?:)
who are you if not your views and opinions?
people go on stupid changing sprees because they have to feel validated. is that such a shocker? (i am not tech. savvy enough to show an emoticon for raised eyebrows)...

Karthika said...

lol, how 'bout this -- Σ|
am i getting tech-savvy or what!

sure, a person's views and opinions make him, but i mean 'nuances' specific to certain circumstances or phases in life (micro-views if you will), while the over-all world-view (or macro-view) stays pretty much consistent...so that allows a person to be pragmatic enough to live in this dynamic world and yet hold on to the principles he holds dear...

if we were to hold onto every opinion we ever believed in through life, the world would be filled with republicans...