Egotism ....a lifelong romance

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Breaking yet another hiatus...

I take on a new avocation, like it, love it, get obsessed with it, go overboard with it and then tire of it.

It happened with instant messaging, it happened with discussion forums, it happened with online chat rooms, why, it has even happened with email! And now it’s happened with blogging as well.

Technology seems to especially instigate this form of crest and trough mentality – my guess is that it changes so rapidly, it piques human interest in a way few things do. And our attention span is somewhat shorter than the fast pace of technology. So there! That’s my excuse.

This revitalization is actually part of a class assignment – which means I’m going to keep to it. Also the reason why the blog will be changing its tone a bit for the next few months: rather than rambling on and on about whatever has the misfortune of catching my fancy at a particular moment, I am going to try and convey my thoughts on a broader range of issues, which will hopefully include politics, science, technology, food, drink, Philly and sports.

Talking of current, the big thing in Philly right now is ice-skating (although we’re just calling it moving around!). Will be quite an adventure to get to work and later to an evening class today!

2 comments:

chitte vyakhyana said...

good to see/read you back!

Karthika said...

thanks! will try to keep to the ambitous agenda I've set...