Egotism ....a lifelong romance

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Ten reasons to not vote for Bush

In the old days we'd see a threat... we could deal with it if we felt like it or not.

This is the wrong war at the wrong time at the wrong place

It’s hard work. It’s incredibly hard.

Well, actually, he forgot Poland.

I own a timber company? That’s news to me. Need some wood?

The only consistent thing about my opponent's position is that he's been inconsistent.

Here's some help for you to go to a community college

We were right to take action

I hear there’s rumors on the Internets that we‘re going to have a draft.

And, finally....

He and I share some things. We both married well. We both have trouble speaking the English language. And we both have big biceps.

Pity he thinks it fit to compare himself to a body-builder turned hollywood-star turned politician. American people (I hope) are looking for brain instead of brawn in their presidents. Not that Bush has either.

Quite frankly, a few months ago, I couldn't care less as to who would be in the Oval Office come January 2005. But watching George Bush against John Kerry in the presidential debates, I wondered how anyone would want to vote for a man that is so obviously out of touch with what's going on in the world and so incompetent at defending his own policies.

And the ease with which he makes jokes about his problem with articulation is absolutely over the top. While some might find his self-deprecating humility endearing, I myself think it's better suited in a comedy show.

The Oval Office, on the other hand, could do with complete sentences.




0 comments: